Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Cake

One of my classmates had the idea of a potluck breakfast before the start of class today. "What should I bring?," I thought to myself. Duh - Cinnamon Roll Cake! About 2 years ago, I was at a friend's baby shower, and the hostess had made this cake, yet it the muffin/cupcake form; I can honestly say that I have been dreaming about this sweet treat ever since. And, since it has the words 'Cinnamon Roll' in the title, it is perfect for breakfast, right? So, the time has come...Here we go:


Ingredients and Directions: 

Yellow Cake Mix
4 Eggs
3/4 Cup Oil
1 Cup Sour Cream
*Combine the 4 ingredients above by hand, pour 
into a greased 9x13 baking dish.

1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
*Mix brown sugar and cinnamon and then sprinkle evenly over the top of the cake batter. Using a knife, swirl into batter. Bake at 325 Degrees for approximately 35 minutes, until a knife can be inserted into the cake and removed clean. 

4 Tablespoons of Cream Cheese, Softened
4 Tablespoons of Butter, Softened
1 1/2 Cups Powder Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
4-5 Tablespoons of Milk
* While the cake is cooling beat together all of the ingredients above, expect for the milk, with an electric beater. Slowly add the milk until you have reached your desired consistency. (I left mine somewhat thick.) Spread frosting on cake before serving - Best served warm.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment