Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy, Crappy and Creepy

Last week, when I needed an icebreaker for a meeting, one of my student workers informed me of a conversation starter known as Happy, Crappy and Creepy. Very basic instructions - What was the happiest, crappiest and creepiest part of your week?


So, here it goes...


HAPPY
I met Garth Brooks. And, he called me by name three times!


Did I mention that one of the times in which he said my name, it 
was as he introduced me to his wife, Miss Yearwood?

Yes, yes he did.


CRAPPY
On Sunday, March 18, 2012 Ray passed away.

This picture was taken the first time I met Ray. At the age of 80, Grandma and Ray were newlyweds and invited me to Missouri to spend a week with them before I started summer school at Auburn. After visiting Silver Dollar City and dining on the Branson Belle, Ray insisted on buying this picture. I can remember how proud he was of this picture, and the joy on
his face as he handed me my very own copy.

Over the last 8 years, I consider myself very lucky to have had the opportunity to spend time with Ray. I am so thankful for everything he has done for me, my family and especially my grandmother.
Not to mention, every time I get a glimpse of my gold tooth...I will always think of him!

You will be missed.


CREEPY
In comparison to my other weekly events, a creepy experience did not stand out as much as the others. (I had multiple creepy experiences the week prior, mainly with people invading my personal space, but that was last week... )


This week, the best I could come up with was the creepy gas station attendant. Is it wrong for me to say that most of them are anyway? I just don't understand why someone who looked like they were 18 would repeatedly call me "Sweetie." Maybe he thought I was younger than I was. Unfortunately, I don't think I would have been flattered, unless it came from the Garth.



1 comment:

  1. What a good idea for a post! I may have to steal it from you. Still sad about Ray... :(

    ReplyDelete