May your weekend be full of laughter...
Friday, May 18, 2012
Last night, Jenna took me out to dinner at Eastland Cafe. The service was amazing, atmosphere was perfect and the food was exceptional - I think I have found my new favorite restaurant in Nashville. BUT THEN, we walked across the street for a sweet treat from Jeni's. For the entire 30 minutes we were inside, all I said was, "Oh my goodness!" over, and over, and over again. Even though they are located in East Nashville, I would drive there in a heartbeat for a cup of ice cream. If only I had a million dollars, and I could bring them just a little closer to me...
The Inside of Jeni's, located in East Nashville
Just a few of the options...
I thought I was being extravagant with my sample requests...
Then I looked over at Jenna!
Of course, I chose a scoop of the Salty Caramel on the bottom...
And then a scoop of the Pistachio and Honey on the top!
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS - Heaven in a Cup!
If you want to learn more about Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream, click HERE!
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Now that I am 28, 30 has become much closer than I would like to admit. In 1997, Glamour magazine worte an article titled, "30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Know by the Time She is 30." Looks like I have some work to do...
(Words in green are list items that I have accomplished.)
By 30 you should have...
1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.
2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants
to see you in an hour.
4. A purse, a suitcase, and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying.
5. A youth you’re content to move beyond.
6. A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age -- and some money set aside to help fund it.
8. An email address, a
has access to but you.
9. A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded.
10. One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra.
12. Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just
because you deserve it.
13. The belief that you deserve it.
14. A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine, and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30.
15. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship, and all those other facets of life that do get better.
By 30 you should know...
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself.
2. How you feel about having kids.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a
friend without ruining the friendship.
4. When to try harder and when to walk away.
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and
wouldn’t like to happen next.
6. The names of the secretary of state, your great-grandmothers, and the
best tailor in town.
7. How to live alone, even if you don’t like to.
8. Where to go -- be it your best friend’s kicthen table or a yoga mat -- when
your soul needs soothing.
9. That you can’t change the length of your legs, the width of your hips, or the
nature of your parents.
10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over.
11. What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love.
12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or not flossing for very long.
13. Who you can trust, who you can’t, and why you shouldn’t take it personally.
14. Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault.
15. Why they say life begins at 30
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
For the first time in 7 years, I had the opportunity to celebrate my Birthday
with members of my family. A big THANK YOU to Fancy and
my Grandmother, for making me feel so special!
Front Row: Fancy and Grandma - Back Row: Me, Aunt Susan and Aunt Becky
This video is priceless, and one I will cherish forever!
(Make sure your volume is turned up.)
Friday, May 11, 2012
I must admit, I have never been very fond of my birthstone, the emerald. But after viewing these pictures, I have fallen in love...
Emerald Green Accents
I want to go to Ireland!
Yes please. (Unfortunately, the sale of this ring is pending.)
Monday, May 7, 2012
Sunday, May 6, 2012
I apologize that my posts have been minimal. I could lie and say that I have been really busy, but that is not true. But, I have finished my final class for the semester, and have now found myself on a eight week break until summer school begins.
Until then, I am going to start collecting recipes, as my mouth begins to water for what this years Truck Patch produces.
The Pink Girls are growing taller each day.
There is a new addition to the Truck Patch this year...
Summer Squash and Cucumbers!!!
Random Weekend Picture
(That was too good not to share)
Who enjoyed a Mint Julep on Derby Day? I DID! (Thanks, Tom)