Sunday, February 13, 2011

White Chocolate Truffles

I must admit, for the first time in a very long time, I am a little bitter about Valentines Day. (I am working on overcoming this emotion - but I thought I should be honest with my countless 3 readers.) To pick up my spirits, I decided that I would make a special Valentine's Day treat; but there was one catch, I did not want to go to the grocery store. So, looking through my pantry, I was quickly reminded of the 6 cans of sweetened condensed milk I purchase last week when it was on sale, thus leading me to one of my new favorite things to make. I now present to you, White Chocolate Truffles...

Cast of Characters: 
1 bag of White Chocolate Chips,
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk and 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract

Melt the chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in large saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and then stir in the vanilla extract.




Cover the dish with plastic wrap and chill for 2-3 hours until mixture becomes firm. Using a spoon, scoop out small portions of the ganache and roll into bite size balls.



Now is the fun part, use your creativity and begin decorating the truffles however you please. Me, since I did not want to go to the grocery store, I opted for things I already had: Red Sprinkles, Sliced Almonds and Candy Hearts.




This could quite possible be one of the easiest recipes I have followed in a long time; and the best part is, the possibilities are never ending. Enjoy!



Oh, I almost forgot...HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

Thank you for for being a follow and one of my friends!

3 comments:

  1. So cute, Meghan! They look delicious. :) Happy Vday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I hope you washed your hands before you rolled those...

    ReplyDelete