Maybe it is because I recently changed my blog background color to blue, but I have been craving blueberries. Therefore, I decided it was time to try a recipe that I stumbled on a few months back. What is a Blondie you ask? A Blondie is similar to the texture of a brownie, but instead of cocoa as the main ingredient, brown sugar is the star of the show. Adding fresh blueberries to this delicious recipe, makes it a treat that can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
1 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Stick of Butter
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add brown sugar and whisk until combined. Take off the stove top and allow to cool. Once it has cooled whisk in vanilla and egg.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture. Whisk until combined and then pour into a 9x9 buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle blueberries on top, and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Blondies are finished when a knife is inserted and is removed clean.