Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Over the years, i have given my mom various nicknames. When she was going through menopause, my sister and I lovingly called her "Flash," (Boy am I glad that time in her life has passed!) During the holiday's, mom was often seen with glitter on her face, as she eagerly immersed herself in creating the ideal Christmas environment, which prompted to a fairly recent nickname, "Sparkle." And finally, 'Fancy." (My favorite of all!) Have you heard of the children's book series Fancy Nancy? Recently, a young girl was introduced to my mother, and instead of calling her Nancy, chose Fancy. When my mother clearly stated that her name was Nancy, the little girl replied, "I know, Fancy Nancy!" Therefore, the name as stuck with me as well. 


Today, when my mom wakes up, the banners picture above will be strung throughout the house. (Courtesy of Ed). But, I must admit, out of all the names that I have ever called her, "Mom" will always remain the best title of all. Happy Mother's Day Mom, I love you!

1 comment:

  1. I posted a comment yesterday, but see it didn't go through, so I will try again: I love that you wrote about me for Mother's
    day. I especially liked how you shared my menopause experience...Really? Thank you for contributing to a special day! I love the banners:)

    ReplyDelete