Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Nations Capital

Last week, I traveled to Washington D.C. for a work conference. Unfortunately, most of my time was spent within the convention center, but I was able to sneak away one night for a Monuments by Moonlight tour. I can not even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed the tour. I must say, I am now proud to admit that I have a much greater appreciate for history than I did in 8th grade (which was when I last visited the Nations Capital), and was quite eager to be at the front of the tour the whole time.

 Below are a few pictures from the tour.

The Capital Building

Do you know who lives on Pennsylvania Ave.?

The White House - 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.!

Lafayette Park (Directly across the street from the White House) 
The park itself, is referred to Hell's Corner because the jurisdiction is split 
between D.C. Metro, Park Police and the Secret Service.

Statue in Lafayette Park

Honest Abe
(By far, my favorite monument!)


No comments:

Post a Comment