Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fire.

No, I am not exaggerating. Saturday afternoon, I was in the process of making a new loaf of Rosemary Olive Oil Bread, when I heard a popping noise coming from my kitchen. I slowly approached the kitchen where I opened the oven door and found the inside of my oven engulfed with flames. I closed the door and began to panic. After opening the door again, more oxygen was added to the fire which did not help the situation. 15 seconds prior to pulling the fire alarm, I called a friend who told me to leave the door closed and the fire will burn out. Well, he was right, but unfortunately, the fire had burnt holes throughout the heating element... So, with a oven not working, it was time to call maintenance. Luckily, I only had to spend 3 days without a working oven.

Out with the old...

And, in with the new!
(Now, I realize that it may look like nothing fancy, 
but it works, and it has a window, so I am ecstatic!)

After my near disastrous experience, I figured it was time to put my
big girl panties on, and go make a grown up purchase - A Fire Extinguisher. 

Now that my oven is back in working order, who wants to 
come over and have breakfast for dinner?

1 comment: