Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins


For as long as I can remember, my mother has been making this particular recipe for pumpkin bread every fall. I can remember the first time I made it for my friends in Auburn - We did not have proper cooking tools in our house on Gay Street, so I had to estimate the use of spices. Needless to say, my estimates were WAY off, and I am still reminded of it every season. Today, my baking skills have improved and I also own proper cooking tools, and similar to Fancy, I have taken on the tradition of making this bread each fall. (And maybe in the summer if the craving presents itself.) I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as I do. 

Ingredients:
3 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs Beaten
1 Small Can of Pumpkin
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Teaspoons Salt
1/4 Teaspoon All Spice
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
3 1/2 Cups Flour
2/3 Cup of Water


Mix Sugar, Eggs and Pumpkin. Add Oil, Baking Soda, Salt, and Spices. Adding 1 Cup of Flour at a time, slowly stir into the mixture. Add Water last. Bake at 350 Degrees. Batter will make approximately 3 Dozen muffins (25 minutes)  or 3 Average Loaves (1 Hour).


Did I mention that my house currently smells like heaven?

2 comments:

  1. As I recall it was not the cooking "tools" it was the fact that you did not put any cinnamon in it...HA!

    ReplyDelete